Check out my Review page instead of the post for an updated review on Online Stores ^^

Sunday 10 August 2014

Drama rant #33: GTO Series

Great Teacher Onizuka
I watched this drama before I even knew they would do a remake of it and I mainly watched it because of tiny Oguri Shun. Since it was made in 1998 (I was starting school at that time) I wasn't expecting much. I don't know if it was because I wasn't expecting much or if it was because other things but this drama was so great! I absolutely loved Sorimachi Takashi as Onizuka and Matsushima Nanako is the best Fuyutsuki Azusa there is! (On a side note; they got married apparently :D)
Watch Great Teacher Onizuka with Eng subs

Great Teacher Onizuka: The Movie
I know I've watched this movie but I can't remember it. Apparently it wasn't the best movie but if you're gonna watch the whole GTO serie, you should watch this movie too.
Watch Great Teacher Onizuka: The Movie with Eng subs

Great Teacher Onizuka 2012
This is the best remake I've seen! Akira is doing a great job as Onizuka! I honestly didn't think he could live up to Sorimachi Takashi's Onizuka but he does. They're obviously different but both so good. I love Yamamoto Yusuke and Shirota Yu as his friends and the students are doing a great job. This remake has taken the plot and put it in 2012's era. If they hadn't done that this drama would definitely have failed.
Watch GTO '12 with Eng subs

Great Teacher Onizuka Specials
This remake has 3 specials. And I can't seem to find a streaming link for any of these specials.

Great Teacher Onizuka Special
This special is set a few months after the drama and is about a orphanage that is threathened to close down. And since his students have become friends with some of the orphanages Onizuka has to protect it.
It's actually a good special and it really shows what power you can have if you don't back down on your beliefs.

GTO New Year Special
This special gives Saejima a little more screentime. A mother leaves her 3 kids with him and while they're searching for her they stumble upon some other things.
I love this special. It's awesome seeing them deal with kids ^^

GTO Graduation Special
I remember that I liked this special, but I'm not to sure what it was about. It's been a while since I watched it and I know for sure I haven't watched it as many times as the other specials. But Onizuka is awesome as always ^^

GTO In Taiwan
This is a 4-episode with Onizuka, Saejima and Ryuji going to Taiwan. Although the plot is pretty good and the trio is awesome as usual it's the Taiwanese cast that disappoints. I don't really believe any of the actors acting. But this is something different and funny.
Watch GTO In Taiwan with Eng subs

Great Teacher Onizuka 2014
Onizuka is back in his hometown together with a lot of familiar faces such as Saejima, Ryuji, the director and the vice-president. I love this series more than the remake because they've really gotten to the problems that exists in this kind of day. A kid with ADHD, one who's pregnant and so on.
Although Onizuka seems to be a bit bothered with being in his hometown he still takes on the challenges that faces him.
Watch GTO '14 with Eng subs

I will hopefully release more drama rants soon and I'll show you the stuff I got from Kpopmart soon ^^
Alternative text

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP