Check out my Review page instead of the post for an updated review on Online Stores ^^

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Drama rant #30: Arang and the Magistrate

Annyeong ^^

I've just completed Arang and the Magistrate with Shin Minah and Lee Junki. It's actually better than I thought it would be. But there will probably be some spoilers (I tried to make it as little spoilers as possible) so be careful if you don't want to spoil it. I do recommend it for everyone so do watch it if you can.

The Drama
Unlike other dramas who usually gets boring or bad at the episode 12 or so this doesn't. Not until ep 17 did it get dragged on. I think they could've had ended it at 18 episodes. But it was okay that it didn't. This is a really great drama. And the cast is really good. Those who are supposed to be evil are really evil. And they look really good in hanbooks. I think this is the first time I think those looks good. You need to watch this!

The Cast
I really liked Shin Minah in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and she's as great in this drama as Arang/Lee Seorim too. Although her character gets a little annoying she's not as annoying as other main characters can be.
And I remember Lee Junki (Fly Daddy Fly) in My Girl. It's been such a long time since I last saw him in a drama! He was annoying but good in My Girl. And he's good in this drama too. I barely thought about him as Lee Junki. I thought of him as Sato (= Magistrate Eunoh) because of everyone always saying it. Junki is really good. Well, he is as every other mean main guy but he doesn't turn softhearted as quickly as they do. That's what I liked about him (although I think I've watched too many kdramas because I was thinking that he was too mean and insensitive at some times).
I didn't care for Yun Woojin who played the "Never-got-the-girl"-guy Joowal. He didn't touch me at all.
Kang Moonyoung (Can You Hear My Heart), who played Eunoh's mother, I've never liked. I hated her in Can You Hear My Heart and she was just as evil in this drama. But in this drama she had a better reason to be evil than she had in CYHMH. So I have to say she did a good job with this character.
Hwang Bora (My Girl) plays the shaman Bang Wool and I absolutely loved her. Her and her love line with Dolsoe. And her troubles with being a shaman. Well, I loved everything about her character.
Kwon Ohjung who played Dolsoe was hilarious!
Han Jungsoo (She Is Wow, Fugitive: Plan B) was really dark and all. But it was understandable seeing he was playing the grim reaper.
Yoo Seungho (God of Study, Blind, The Way Home, Hearty Paws) played the Jade Emperor and was really good. I didn't see him as a young boy (which he is) so that was really good.

Other Cast
Kim Kwangkyu (A Gentleman's Dignity, Can You Hear My Heart, Countdown) - Ibang
Im Jooeun (What's Up, Wild Romance) - Mooyeon (She's a great actress)
Park Jungyu (I Am Sam) - King of Underworld
Yoon Joosang (SCHOOL 2013, Who Are You) - Eunoh's dad
Kim Minjae (26 Year Diary, Countdown) - Geodeol
Jung Bosuk (Can You Hear My Heart, High Kick Through The Roof) - Eunoh's teacher
Kim Boosun - Bang Wool's 9th great grandmother (She was hilarious that episode she showed up in)
Park Minha - Arang (I won't say more.. Watch the drama and you'll be able to see the cutest child ever)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Since 23/09 - 11
By Cecilia
About Kpop, Cpop, Jpop, Kdrama, Jdrama & Tdrama

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP