Check out my Review page instead of the post for an updated review on Online Stores ^^

Sunday 23 November 2014

Introducing #26: Boys Republic

Annyeong ^^
It's time for another introducing! And this time it's not only for you guys but for me as well ^^. Since Boys Republic is back I decided to listen to their song and now I'm totally hooked on this group. The only member I really knew before this rant is Sungjun because he's been visiting Dream Team a lot.

But be prepared ^^

Boys Republic made their official debut in June 2013 with the song Party Rock. The five members are Onejunn, Sunwoo (formerly known as Dabin), Sungjun, Minsu and Suwoong. They also have their own reality show called Rookie King: Boys Republic.


Orange Sky
Orange Sky is a pre-released endorsement song for Jeju Air. This song totally shows their musical talents before their debut. Since it isn't auto-tuned or disrupted in any ways. Had I heard this song before I heard Party Rock I might've been interested in them for real since their debut. And the music video is really nice and cute.

Party Rock
I know I listened to this song when they debuted (or a little while after) and I wasn't that found of it. I'm still not that found of it. Although it's catchy and I think it's kind of good, I'm just not found of it. It's kind of a weak debut song.

You Are Special
I think I've heard this song's chorus somewherebut I'm not sure. Anyways I like this song a lot better than Party Rock.

L.I.U
The music video is a cute backstage video and I absolutely love this song. Although I'm still curious to what L.I.U stands for :P Listen to it and watch the music video!

Video Game
Boys Republic is really good at doing catchy songs. It's not really my style but I keep humming on it because it's so catchy. And it's a good song.

Dress Up
This is most likely my favourite song of Boys Republic (I can't talk for the songs they've released but not put out with a music video right now though :P). The song is really catchy and extremely good! And the boys look their best in this music video and the story is absolutely one of the better stories I've seen.
I don't know how many times I've listened to this song now and I'm still not tired of it! ^^

The Real One
This is their latest song and the one that made me check out Boys Republic.
I'll give you a small list on what made me fall for Boys Republic in this music video.
  • The song is really good!
  • There is no girl but two of each member instead ^^
  • Onejunn's voice.
  • The dance choreo.
This list is completely without numbers cause there is no way to decide what made me fall for them first. But damn the dance choreo is really cool (and I'm not really a fan of crotch grabbing dances). And Onejunn's voice made this song something extra. Plus I really think it's cool that they don't have any girls in this video but instead there are two Boys Republic. That's really cool! This one is definitely my second favourite after Dress Up.

Members
Onejunn 88/11/22
The eldest hyung who's also the leader and main vocalist. I absolutely love his voice if you haven't noticed it yet.

Sunwoo 92/03/12
Sunwoo, formerly known as Dabin, used to be a member of Touch. Since I haven't really been updating myself on what the former members of Touch is doing I was quite surprised but happy for him. He's the lead vocalist of the group.

Sungjun 92/12/17
The member I know the best because of his frequent visits on Dream Team. In the group he's the main dancer and lead rapper. He used to be a JYP trainee, if anyone's interested.
I find Sungjun really interesting cause even if I didn't bother to check out Boys Republic I still remember him so clearly.

Minsu 93/04/15
The most eye-catching member for me is definitely Minsu. Don't ask me why but in each music video I always catch myself only seeing him. And he's not even my favourite member.
He's the main rapper of the group and the lead dancer together with Suwoong.

Suwoong 95/01/20
The group's maknae Suwoong is the lead vocalist together with Sunwoo and also the lead dancer.
He hasn't been catching my eyes yet (maybe because Minsu is taking all the spotlight T_T) but hopefully he will ^^

This was all for Boys Republic. I hope it helped somewhat, it sure helped me ^^

2 comments:

Lara M. 24 November 2014 at 02:51  

I actually really loved their song You're Special To Me but I feel like chorus totally ruined it. It was a really nice, rock-ish feeling and then just a meh chorus :/

Cecilia - 세실리아 24 November 2014 at 16:00  

I actually like that about that song. I think they did a really great job mixing rock and pop together ^^

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP