Check out my Review page instead of the post for an updated review on Online Stores ^^

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Comeback rant #43: Zhoumi, SPICA, SKY-HI & Cross Gene

Annyeong ^^
It's time for another comeback rant. This time it's comebacks from SPICA, SKY-HI and Cross Gene. But also a debut from Zhoumi.

Zhoumi - Rewind (feat. Tao of EXO)
You might be surprised to see an SM video here. So am I, but I need to give Zhoumi some cred. He really is a great performer.
The reason why I have the Chinese version here is because of a few reasons.
1. Zhoumi is Chinese and I think it makes more sense for him to sing in Chinese than in Korean for his solo songs.
2. Usually SM's songs are better in Chinese so I didn't even bother to listen to the Korean version.
3. I don't want to make SM believe that they need to force everyone of their Chinese artist into the Kpop world. Zhoumi has never been a part of a Korean group so why should he even promote in Korea?
I know a lot of you will disagree with number 3 but if you think you'll know I'm right. Super Junior M was created to target the Chinese market aka not a Korean group. That's why they're called M as well for the word Mandarin. They're a Chinese group with Korean members. Had they been made to target the Korean market I wouldn't have said anything but they weren't.

Anyways back to the song. Zhoumi definitely have the talent to succeed on his own, the song is really good. But why did they put Tao in there? I don't like his featuring at all. I think Zhoumi would've done way better without Tao. It's like SM once again is saying you can't do it on your own so here get some fame from him. Even though we all know that the EXO fans won't care a bit about Zhoumi when he release another song on his own.

SPICA - Ghost
SPICA is finally back as a full group! And they sound better than ever! This song is soo good! I've totally fallen in love with Bohyung's voice. She really gets to shine in this song.

The music video is really good as well. I was really surprised with it because I don't usually like triangle drama in music video or when the members have the same boy/girl they like. But I need to compliment this music video. At first I was a bit confused but one person in the comments said something about it might being shown backwards and it all made sense after that.
I like that they used another girl in the music video and that the members were there for each other instead of backstabbing each other.

SKY-HI - Smile Drop
Apparently this is the first time I write about SKY-HI as a solo performer here (I thought I had). I mentioned him in another comeback rant where I told you about AAA's new song. Well, now our fantastic rapper is back with another solo song. This is another fantastic song. He really is an amazing artist. And he always has such funny, complex and amazing music videos. I totally recommend this song to you!

Cross Gene - I'm not a boy, not yet a man
Cross Gene finally released their music video. This post has been waiting for this video. I'm sad that this comeback is only a digital release and not an album.

I love the song! It's really good and it has a nice vibe. I think Yongseok's voice fits this song so well and I'm also happy that both Takuya and Sangmin is getting more lines. It's something I've been waiting for since their debut.
The dance though.. I'm usually one of the few who really love their dance moves but this air guitar dance they have in this routine is driving me nuts. It doesn't look good at all. I was so disappointed when I saw their live performance for the first time. I hope for the next song they'll have a better dance routine.
Anyways check 'em out! ^__^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP